Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sprouting from your fists and tongue.

Wrapped in an itchy wool blanket and a scarf wound around my neck, beneath a canopy out of reach of the cold rain, the end of summer is everywhere. For me, this is the last day of summer. A strange summer, but a really spectacular summer. On the other side of the wall, I hear mvs playing the mix cd I made for him earlier this summer- undoubtedly locked himself in the darkroom today to finish the last of his photos for the season. How fitting that JA and AB are here this weekend- they are why summers here are so debaucherous and fun. This weekend has been quite a send off for the summer and in many ways, this tiny chunk of my life. I finally found my dancing feet this weekend and danced on Friday night for the first time all summer.

"Please keep here very clean." Sigh.

So its raining and chilly and another summer is disppearing into the mist. Its hard to imagine that I won't be here for another summer. What will I do with an actual summer where I can take vacations or go to concerts? That's something I haven't had to think about in 3 years. I wonder what it will be like to work a Monday Friday nine to five job. To never have to work nights or weekends. It almost seems foreign- what do people do with entire Saturdays AND Sundays off? I guess I'm about to find out.

And so I have a big week ahead of me: Apartment searching in NY tomorrow. I need to sort through my mountains of boxes. Pack. MOVE ACROSS THE COUNTRY.

I feel good that this weekend was the last of the summer- I couldn't have asked for a better end to it all. Even the rain. My world feels very whole at this moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alas, my world will not feel whole unless you stop to visit me.

jenniferocious! said...

I will come visit you soon!