Friday, August 11, 2006

My life is glamourous, dahling.

Dear Internet,

Today I met this man:

That is Ted Kennedy! He is a senator in my state! He sounds like Mayor Quimby when he talks!

In honor of the Senator's visit, I did some research on him and his family. This is what I learned:
Eunice Kennedy founded the Special Olympics because her sister, Rosemary, was never the same after that lobotomy!
"Bouvier" means herdsman in French. Jackie Kennedy's maiden name was Bouvier or "herdsman"!
Caroline Kennedy is the chairwoman of the American Ballet Theatre!
Presidents, former presidents, presidents' wives and widows can mail letters for free. This becomes null and void if you marry a Greek dude. Also, if you marry a Greek dude you don't get Secret Service protection anymore. Just sayin.

Well, that's all for now internet. Maybe I'll meet more politicos and athletes and glamourous people soon- I'll keep you updated.

Ciao bella.
xoxo
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I met Ted K. when I was working for a ferry company (between Hyannis & Nantucket). I used to sell him tickets and call a taxi to be waiting for him on the island.

He was kind of smelly and also has very bad skin. And I am confirming that he talks exactly like Mayor Quimby.

~THE END~

jenniferocious! said...

I didn't take note of his smell and did not note any specific acne, but he did hobble like a hobbildy old man.

He does talk exactly like Mayor Quimby! Thanks for confirming this.

This actually wasn't my first encounter with the Senator, I met him about 3 1/2 years ago when he spoke at the memorial service for Senator Paul Simon (the senator, not the singer).