Monday, May 22, 2006

"I'm sorry about all those awful languages I was using."

#1. I bought this computer (with a few extras for fun) on Friday. Like most everything in my life, it took me approximately 4 seconds to decide that I wanted one and more than a year of agonizing to buy one. Upon completing my purchase, Aaron my Apple representative and myself had the following exchange:
Me: I am so excited!
Aaron: You should be. I would be if I were you and I was getting a new MacBook Pro.
Me: I want to have sex with myself! And I want to have sex with my new computer!
Aaron: Haha...(awkward laughter). Thank you for shopping at Apple...

But, now my life is full of decisions. I need to find a carry case mechanism for this new piece of eqipment. Chances are, I will have it surgically welded to my body. But until that happens, I need to carry this thing around in a bag of some sort. But, I'm being a bit persnickety about the whole thing. I have fewer standards for boyfriends than I do for this stupid bag for my computer:

*Must be comfortable to carry on my shoulder (messenger bag with good shoulder strap, backpack style preferred).
*Cannot be ugly.
*Must be able to fit my iPod, my day planner, my gernal (or journal, for the uninitiated), my digital camera, my cellphone. Okay, gross, I am entirely too connected to the universe in a very disjointed, electronic way.
*Cannot look like a briefcase. I know that I have a full time job, but I refuse to be a jerk with a briefcase.
*I just dropped a huge chunk of money on a computer, I don't have another $200 to buy a bag.

Any recommendations?

#2 The play is over now after a most successful run, in my opinion. Lots of laughter, so much hard work by some excellent people. On the whole, I had a positive experience and I hope everyone else did as well. I'm not sure what I'll do with my evenings now. Read more books on my patio. Watch those Netflix that have been collecting dust atop my t.v. Return to the gym for some much needed running, jumping, swimming, and raquetballing. Spend more time brushing my cat. Cook dinner. Painting pictures of octopii. Take more pictures of my feet.

#3 I'm sorry I went a bit wacky in our last visit together. Sometimes I just need to let off a little steam. And sometimes that steam manifests itself as German pop lyrics, bad Photoshopping, and discussions of Nicholas Cage. I apologize if I alarmed you. I didn't go crazy, I just went off on a tangent, a very crazy tangent.

#4 I saw the Da Vinci Code. I was prepared to go in there and really hate Tom Hanks. I don't know why, he just didn't seem like the right man for the job. Ultimately, I think he did a stellar job, but Ron Howard. Please stop making movies. Or make kids movies. No more swirly camera twirls or swelling music. Please no.

#5 ATTENTION EVERYONE. Go watch Jack Black's Nacho Libre Confessional Video Podcasts. Funny, funny. Jack Black getting his chest waxed is comedy gold.

#6 Some day, I hope to have the bad ass Photoshop skillz that create amazing photographs like this Charlie Chaplin cat:

No, actually, I hope someday to have better Photoshop skillz than that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful computer! Lovely!

Oh, and remember those pictures we took like a year ago at The Filling Station? Somebody's wife finally found them and the pixeled-out face wasn't enough to keep him from getting into LOTS of trouble.

I laughed.

jenniferocious! said...

Oopsies! Seriously, I guess they weren't that bad. And maybe she should give her husband a good scolding about not throwing water on people and not dumping popcorn in their purses.

And oh my! I cannot wait for my new computer to arrive. I have checked the FedEx tracking thingy at least ten thousand times today and said, "Hey, its been in Lancaster, PA too long. Keep it movin pal!"

Anonymous said...

This is so weird. I had the same conversation with my rep when I bought my apple computer. But his response was "who's that?" when I said, "I want to have sex with Jen." Oh well. I think the point was made.