Tuesday, January 23, 2007

"My Superbowl Shuffle will set you free."

Hey my friendlies. I'm at home sick-ish today...well, I threw up this morning at work and they sent me home (and I went willingingly!) I am a wimpy and when I throw up I want my mum. No lie. I wish she were here to watch movies with me. Right now. I've also got a wicked fever, but mostly I feel okay, so long as I don't eat or drink anything at all. Ever again. Which is really unfortunate since I love food. (Speaking of people who love food, Kevin Smith director, actor, and funny man started a new series on his blog. Every Monday he talks about his diet. And the foods he wishes he could eat. Its really hilarious. And if you haven't had the chance to read his 8 part series about helping his friend, Jason Mewes (Jay of Jay and Silent Bob) kick his heroin addiction, I strongly recommend. Its truly compelling to read such a sad story of addiction make an amazing friendship even stronger....read it and you'll wish all your friends were like Kevin Smith.) Anyways, I'm sick....

Maybe I just have a case of SUPERBOWL FEVER.



I have big boisterous love for the Superbowl Shuffle. And Mike Ditka. And the Chicago Bears.

Yay! Superbowl!



Movies I am enjoying while I am in quarantine at home:
+Stick It (Bring It On but with gymnastics)




+Material Girls




+SherryBaby

I <3 Maggie Gyllenhaal.



+This Film Is Not Yet Rated





Also, yesterday my cousin and I watched movies since its cold in Minnesota:
+Bring It On: All or Nothing

They talk in IM speak in this movie. "Oh-em-gee!" I just love a good racially motivated comedy with a happy ending and a celebrity cameo. Seriously you guys, I secretly like this movie. A lot.



+The Last Kiss
Zack Braff is highly overrated. I hope he googles his name and reads this. I was reading Pitchfork's review of the new Shins album and the review talked about how the new album was trying to combat the Brafflash of Garden State. Hilarious. Speaking of, has anyone heard the new Shins album? I'm antsy to hear it. Basically, The Last Kiss is The Last Zack Braff movie I watch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come to my place. We've been Superbowl Shuffling for awhile now. We're trying to convince Hot Guy to wear a pair of shades and a headband for the big day.

jenniferocious! said...

Oh Janey, doll, I wish I could join you- but alas I'll be sipping on Cabana Boys, ogling Cabana Boys, and taking in some Florida sunshine while watching the Superbowl.

But you MUST take pictures if Hot Guy pulls a Jim McMahon. Pleaseohpleaseohplease. American Apparel carries those sweat/headbands...

Anonymous said...

The Superbowl Shuffle is the best Superbowl song ever but YOU WILL LOSE this year.
Maybe we Colts fans can do something with the Lone Ranger theme...

Anonymous said...

I like the new Shins album. I listened to it on Napster on Tuesday.

Also, I love your Weezer tagline over there on the right.

jenniferocious! said...

Brad, I'm sorry your Colts will have to go down in fiery defeat at the Superbowl this year, but don't worry...there's always next year.

Lydia, thanks for the recommendation. I can't wait to hear the new album! Also, thanks for the Weezer love. Pinkerton =s good times! I see you're a friend of Culotte and Jane, have we talked before?