Tuesday, January 09, 2007

iSlave

Unless you, you know, are lost in outer space, I'm sure you've heard all about Apple's announcement of the June launch of the iPhone exclusively offered through Cingular.


Being somewhat of a technophile, my mouth started drooling at all the beautiful features this phone offers. Drool. Drool. Drool.

"Jen, you just bought a Blackberry." Why, yes, I did just purchase a Blackberry, but oh man those iPhones are looking Sexy.

But, just to be clear, I'm going to wait awhile before I buy this because with it being the first generation of a new product there will be glitches, so I'm going to sit back and chill on this for awhile until they've made the thing indestructably sound.

For now I'll be content with my iLife sans iPhone. Ask me again in June though, I may have changed my mind by then.




Otherwise...
I've been a bit stressed out and ultra-focused on work lately; part of my new job is writing a User's Manual, a whole new world (A Whole Newwwww World, that's where we'll be...oh hell, I don't remember the rest of that song) of technical writing and long document graphic design, both new territories for me. I'm really digging this new ground, but my out-of-work writing has suffered tremendously. I write write write all day long and that makes it difficult to come home and try and write more. I keep telling myself it will feel so good when this giant project is done (and not just because of the promised all staff dinner party my boss promised me when its done), but because it will be an entire book that I wrote. Sure, not a great pouring of my heart and soul into a novel or creative literature of any sort, but still! Fifty thousand words with accompanying illustrations to call my own. To make up for my lack of writing, I've been taking pictures with my digital camera, my Polaroid (so so much fun!), and the tiny little iSight camera in my laptop and then Photoshopping the crap out of those pictures. (See above.)

Also taking up my time are getting the next few months figured out and watching the following T-V shows on D-V-D: Degrassi: The Next Generation, Nip/Tuck, and Veronica Mars. I am a sucker for the drama-rama. Veronica Mars...if you haven't watched this show, I'm not going to tell you that you must, but she's a smart, sassy, strong lead female character and the story has totally sucked me in. When I grow up, I want to be a girl detective super sleuth.

Up for this spring: I am all about taking a class or two at the local community college. Serious question: is it possible to get your Associate's Degree after you've acquired your Bachelor's degree? If so, I may try to focus on getting an actual degree in Graphic Design or something like that.

Otherwise, I've seen a lot of movies lately; so much so, that I've seen all but one movie at the local movie theater, and I don't really want to see that one. All the movies I've seen lately have been slightly better than mediocre. You know what, I'm going to admit that I love musicals, so I saw Dreamgirls and for the first half of the movie whenever someone broke out into song it made no sense to me. I wanted more dancing, but the costumes were fabulous.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people talk during movies.

Discovery of the day: There is an energy drink called CRUNK! There are many many reasons why this amuses me. I'll let you think of your own reasons.

And finally:

This is the music I have been jamming these days: (mostly at work)

Martime (ex-Promise Ring and ex-Dismemberment Plan)

Lily Allen

This American Life podcast (not music technically, I know...)

The Pipettes

Annuals

Broken Social Scene

The City on Film (Robert Nanna)

Okay, my friendlies, I hope you are all well.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man! i felt the same way! i just bought an ultra slick phone (lg lx8600, check it out!), and i totally want that. i figure in a few years i will be ready.

drool city!

jenniferocious! said...

maura, you have a hip and dare i say...sexy phone! we'll just have to live with our not-really-subpar subpar phones, i guess and drool at those iPhones. miss you!