Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Obsession is such a trainwreck.

So my babies. There's snow in the mountains here, which I have yet to truly comprehend; everyone here seems so very excited about the whole thing. I've been a busy little bee lately- last weekend I headed to Fort Collins (aka Fort Fun!) to see the Ditty Bops play a free! afternoon show. Little did I realize...

I was headed straight into a brewery bicycle beer freak festival! Everyone was dressed up all crazy with wigs and leotards and masks and everything else.

The Ditty Bops played and it was so much fun. Nothing better than a beer in hand, the sun shining, and some good music.

After they played the Yard Dogs Road Show performed- one part gypsy punk band, one part circus side show, one part burlesque. It was wicked. I did find it odd that a group could be so raunchy in mid-day with children present. Then again, this was definitely no ordinary beer festival- besides, who brings their kids to a beer festival? Shame on you parents!

I'm headed to New York this weekend and I'm very much looking forward to it. I know a guy there...

November, December, and January are looking to be busy months for our traveling heroine. I will be in both Rockford and Peoria, Illinois for one week each in November (I haven't been to Rockford since last Christmas! Ugh!) and again for Christmas. Tenatively, I'll be in New York in mid-November, then early December again. I'm 75% certain I'll be back in New York for a week in January for a conference. And then I'll be in Houston at the end of January. If you live in or near these places, let me know because if you're reading this, I probably want to see you.

I'm hoping with all of this going on, including the Architecture in Helsinki/Clap Your Hands Say Yeah show, my parents visit, and other assorted adventures, that the next 5-6 months will fly by. I'm ready to live in New York and be on track with my life. Colorado is nice, but this college town state of mind makes me feel....old.

I'll probably have to bring my little kitty, Napkin, back to New York in the next month or so. My cousin's spastic dog is just much too much. I have a theory that the dog may be alcoholic- or a pirate. I suspect that most pirates are actually alcoholics. That's another post entirely though. Either way, the dog is a spazz and I hate you William Wegman and your stupid non-art for making people like these dogs. As a side note, if you have a dog, don't encourage it to bark by giving it a treat when it aggressively barks at people.

That's it for me mostly, my hair is getting long again and I get a little older every day.

Coming soon: Why I think my bedroom is haunted by my great aunt, tattoos, and much, much more!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents took us on a brewery tour (pop and peanuts for breakfast!) on our very first trip to Colorado when I was 7. Good times.

Please tell me that the week you're in Rockford in November is not the same week that I'm in Paris in November.

jenniferocious! said...

I will be in Rockford November 22 - 27. If that doesn't work, I'm coming home for Christmas too.

Anonymous said...

I shall see you at Christmas, and I'll give Paris your love.

I bet Napkin and Wrecks would get along.

jenniferocious! said...

December it is and let me just say, I cannot wait.

I have a couple guidebooks on Paris/Europe I can send to you in the mail if you'd like...