Monday, September 04, 2006

So then there's that.

Its been a really tiring few days. Last Tuesday was my last day at the theater, Wednesday/Thursday/Friday were spent packing and cleaning, Saturday was the 20 hour move to NYC, Sunday was the nerve inducing flight to Colorado.

So, my stuff is in New York and I'm in Boulder now. Tomorrow is the first day of my new job.

Mostly, I'm putting on a brave face hoping that this feeling of general discomfort- the one that rises when you take yourself out of your comfort zone- will subside eventually and that my nightly dreams of New York won't have me waking up in the middle of the night clawing at my heart.

I know this feeling too well. I wonder why I put myself in these situations over and over. These are dangerous thoughts- regret and wishful thinking. Thoughts lead to creation. Dangerous creations brooding about.

Right now, my goal is just to feel like myself. My poor little kitty hasn't eaten in days and hardly comes out from under the bed, so I hope that she is not depressed. Depressed Napkin.

Tomorrow night I am going to see The New Amsterdams and Mae play. It has been since before the summer came and went that I have been to see any bands play.

(PAUSE)
In all of Brad Pitt's earlier work, he speaks in the same calm, monotonous whisper-talk, an acting technique perfected earlier by one of Mr. Pitt's contemporaries and current resident lunatic in Hollywood, Tom Cruise. What the hell Brad Pitt- you are speaking in the same quiet non-tonal voice in Meet Joe Black AND Interview with the Vampire. And I do not find it soothing. Not at all.
(WE NOW RESUME OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMMING)

So I am living with my cousin for the next few months. She has a BIG dog named Schmoo or Shmoo or Big Dog Don't Eat My Food, You Jerk, as I have taken to calling him. This dog has some seriously stinky farts of the "silent, but deadly" variety. My cousin is very nice- I haven't seen her since I was 8 or 9 I think.

And now I am just rambling.

I did get to see the Mork from Ork house today. Apparently its here in Boulder.

And now its 9.30pm in Colorado time and so I am tired because my body says, "Jen! It is 11.30 inside your body! Go to sleep, jerk!" So to sleep I go.

How was everyone's Labor Day?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you...jerk.

Anonymous said...

I miss you and we've never even met. *sob*