Thursday, April 27, 2006

Longest.day.ever.

8 AM - 4 PM, Work
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM, Lunchdate with new lawyer friend
4 PM - 5 PM, Drive to MCLA (School)
5 PM - 6:30 PM, Teach REAL College Students how to "do marketing"
6:30 PM - 8:00 PM, Drive to Northampton, stopping at 1 of the 4 Taco Bells in this state (Its off of 91 on Route 2, FYI)
8:00 PM - 10:30 PM, Play Rehearsal
10:30 PM - ???, Alcohol consumption

Internal Monologue
Shit. I brough my lunch today and I ate it already. Its not even 11 yet. How did that happen? Did I just have a blackout and eat all my lunch? Shit, and now I'll have to wait until tonight when I can grab that Taco Bell. Oh! I'm having lunch with the lawyer today, I hope we get Thai. Today is going to be the longest day ever. Maybe I should make a pedicure appointment for this weekend, my toes are looking ragged.

Public Service Announcement
Friends, do not blog angry. Yesterday, in the midst of a mental nervous work breakdown, I started furiously writing an angry blog post. But angry blogging can only come back to harm you in the end, with its noxious karma swirling around your head; can you live with noxious karma around your head? Do you want strangers reminding you of that time you lost your cool?

Stop this angsty, angry blogging. Because you're not a teenager anymore. Stop it. Stop. It.

Kitten parade!
Today, my coworker and I discovered that we have both owned cats named Napkin. Napkin is not a common cat name, it certainly is no Snowball, Fluffy, or Marshmallow. I currently own a roly-poly cat named Napkin, my coworker having owned a set of cats named Napkin and Placemat, as named by her children. My next cat will be named Hoagie or Bacon. Assuming I ever own another cat, which is up for argument. I'm not a cat person.

BUT. We have a new kitty in our house and she wakes up early with the sunshine and so all the cats wake up and every morning is KITTY PARADE of playful fun and wonderful merriment. Like the kitty halftime show of the Puppy Bowl on the Animal Planet, even our cranky cat Duck, runs and jumps and plays. And she hates everything: other cats, people, anything that looks at her the wrong way.

The Yiddish are coming...The Yiddish are coming...(groan)
I found this job posting on www.playbill.com today, and based on the title alone, I can confidently tell you this could be the worst musical since Mamma Mia:

The hilarious new revu-sical, The Yiddish Are Coming… The Yiddish Are Coming! is seeking a belting comedienne (Gilda Radner type) in her 20’s or 30’s to play three roles.

That sentence made me vomit in my mouth a little, nay, a lot. Revu-sical? Oh my heart, how will I ever make it in NYC if I can't deal with the schmaltzy-ness that is Broadway?

Dreaming, dreaming, dreaming.
Last night I had a dream that me and Chris Gantz, circa 1994 (7th Grade style) were at an amusement park and we were having an awesome fun time together. YEAH! So seriously, if any of you know of Chris Gantz's wearabouts, tell him I'm looking for him and want to give him a jumping high five and that we should go to the Six Flags together. I've already tried to find him on MySpace and I Googled his name, but I've come up empty handed. (Except this guy on MySpace who is not THE Chris Gantz, but just some guy who didn't get the memo that the goth-Marilyn Manson look went out of style in 2002. )

What good is the internet if I can't track down and voyeuristically seek out people that were in my dreams last night? ITS NOT HELPFUL. If the government ever want to put a system in place where we all register on the internet, I will support it so that I can find all the Chris Gantzes in my life.

Hi, I am definitely not creepy about stalking people on the internet in any way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Firstly, why have I never received a MySpace friend request from you? It's not like I'm tough to find, what with my total lack of imagination and all.

Secondly, Marc with a C is going to law school this fall and I had Thai with him the first time I met him. Thai, Laywer, hmmmm.

Thirdilily, only 4 Taco Bells? What's up with that?

jenniferocious! said...

Girl, hit me up on the MySpace! My stalking skillz are weak sauce as this post has illustrated.

Yes, but is Marc with a C gay? Cause my lawyer lunchdate used the following words during conversation: partner, LOVAH, eurotrash, queen.

The total lack of Taco Bells is the only thing wrong with this state. But, I will pass by at least 3 of those Taco Bells in the next 5 - 7 hours. Taco Bell times three. Delicious.

adam said...

Jen. I had a dream last night about you. You were kissing some kid I knew in high school and I was sitting on a couch in front of you. You said that the kisses you gave him were just for the sake of kisses, and the kisses you were giving me were out of love. I didn't buy it. Please, don't kiss guys I went to high school with.

Anonymous said...

CHRIS GANTZ. I want to know where Chris Gantz is.