Friday, April 07, 2006

For my friends at Das Pillow.

How to Survive When Lost in the Mountains
1. If you told someone where you were going, search and rescue teams will be looking for you. Teams will search during daylight hours for adults and around the clock for children who are alone.
2. Find a natural shelter, and stay warm and dry.
3. Signal rescuers for help with three fires arranged in a triangle at the highest point possible.
4. Do not wander far. Search teams will be trying to retrace your path and may miss you if you have gone off in a different direction. Searchers often wind up finding a vehicle with no one in it because the driver has wandered off.
5. Be bigger than the bear.

Coming soon...
Cute shoes on Jen's feet vs. New York City, Outré Lounge Mix Challenge, How I sobbed like a little girl at the last three episodes of Six Feet Under, Why I would rather drive a 15 passenger van through Manhattan than drive my Corolla through Boston: A narrative essay, Why I love a good conspiracy theory, Cleaning my insides out from the inside out, and much much more!

One final note:
Go read my first play I've written for A Play A Day. Its about cheesecake. Writing plays about food and playing with my food: my two favorite hobbies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks to the wonderful concept of tv shows on dvd, I recently got the 5th and final season of 6 feet under. I am only a few episodes in so far, but everyone keeps telling me that the end is super sad.

Anonymous said...

If you ever put burn-victim pictures on your site again, I will never read it again.

At least I'll threaten not to read it again.