Saturday, December 09, 2006

At some point, you forget just how tired you really are.

I have been giving and listening and high-fiving and sending my positive energy out into the world in massive amounts this week. For reasons unimportant in this forum, I have several friends who could really use the listening ear, the jumping high-five, the silly faces, the heartfelt emails right now/this week. But after all of the outgoing positive energy and the large quantities of energy drinks I've consumed (the Jen taste test: Monster: okay; Rockstar: slightly less than okay; Full Throttle: pretty tasty; Tab: pink!), I am looking forward to sleeping in this weekend. I am also looking forward to: Degrassi: The Next Generation, Season 2 and making the thrift store rounds to get my (tacky) holiday party ensemble + tacky white elephant gift together for the work party next week.

Also, buy or stream the Sufjan Stevens 5 disc set, "Songs for Christmas". You'll be glad you did. It is way better than all the lame plots to blow up and set the Rockford mall on fire. If the Christmas terroristas really wanted to hit Rockford where it hurts, they'd go after the good stuff:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! Degrassi and Sufjan in the same post. Miracle of miracles.