Monday, November 20, 2006

Sick Day.

I woke up feeling not horrible, but not awesome this morning. I went about my morning as usual, breakfast, energy drink, mug of tea...until it all went terribly wrong.

So I vommed at work, which has to be up there on the list of humiliating and humbling experiences one can have at work (see also: singing banana man birthday telegrams). They sent me home by 11am with a bottle of elderberry potion and some other really terrible tasting drops I'm apparently supposed to put forty-five (forty-five!) drops of on my tongue 2-3 times a day. They are all about the voodoo healing around here. But I've been following the instructions...the bitter tasting stuff and then the sweet sweet elderberry potion. (Its really syrup-ish in texture, but potion is so much more Harry Potter like, don't you agree?)

So I'm laying here in my spacerocket jammies watching the epic fifth season of the Simpsons, napping, sweating out this fever I've acquired, and drinking potions. Trying to get better. Because I have to get better before I fly home on Wednesday. If I'm feeling up to it, I may try to hit up a sweaty Bikram yoga class tonight and try to sweat all the toxins out in 90 intense yoga-rific minutes.

How I actually look:


How I actually feel:



What are your remedies when you're getting sick/are sick?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drown myself in hot lemon water. And I bitch a lot.

Sorry you're sick.

jenniferocious! said...

Ah yes, I'm a fan of hot lemon water every day, and especially today.

I am starting to feel better, but still sweaty. In that all my fever is sweating out of me sort of way.

And I'm hoping the numb tongue is from the herbs my coworkers fed me.

Fear not, Jane! I will see you very soon. Its been too too long, m'dear.

adam said...

i complain about how I feel like my skin is falling off, my eyes falling out of my head.

and then I take advil.flrjn

jenniferocious! said...

Adam, check and check.

Jeffrey, I'm feeling well enough to laugh at the Monorail episode, so all hope is not lost.

Anonymous said...

I like to drink myself into a stuper. When I wake up the next day I forget that I was sick the day before. I revel in my drinking from the night before and remember all the fun that was had. I then have a hangover which is better because I caused it, not some evolution smiting virus. It is a control thing....and an alcoholic thing. Maybe that's not for everyone.
Hope you feel better soon.

jenniferocious! said...

Thanks Brad. I will try that- a swig of whiskey never hurt anybody.