Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 230th Birthday, Ohmurca!

Last night, I was driving to JP to help put together the float for the Golf Cart parade, and the drive is really backroads. Winding hills and pretty trees, all that nature junk. So, I'm driving on one of these small backroads when I see a little boy dressed in like George Washington. With his black robe and funny white wig. And then I see a bunch of little kids all dressed up like old timey Ohmurca guys. Sweet! Then suddenly I realize, that on these backroads of Massachusetts, this un-town is having a parade. With firetrucks and old ladies sitting on lawn chairs at the end of the drive. And I am in the middle of it in my dirty Corolla covered in spitballs (that's another story, I suppose). I have a firetruck behind me and the little kids dressed old timey in front of me. So what's a girl to do?

Roll the windows down, turn the Johnny Cash up. Smile and wave like a beauty pageant queen. Throw that handful of mints you stole from the restaurant the other night at the little old ladies.

That's what you do. Then you go make a golf cart look like a dinosaur and do it all over again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My parents have accidentally found themselves in a parade in their motorhome not once, not twice, but *three* times. They keep candy in the motorhome just in case now.

jenniferocious! said...

Jane, that's hysterical about your parents. Your dad = the funny.

Dan, That's really the real golf cart we made for the parade! We also played dinosaur themed music while in the parade...The Jurassic Park theme, Walk the Dinosaur, and other special dinosaur sound effects. I was sad to see our dino be taken apart.