Thursday, March 16, 2006

I should rename this the Devo blog.

Sidenote before we get started: I hate the word blog in the way Adam hates fuzzy peaches (no, that's not a euphemism.). Great, okay, now that we have that out of the way...

I went away from computers for a bit to join a bike gang. Now I am back having seen the rough road and Peter Fonda get his face shot off by a hick. Man, those were some good times...

On what I would do with Connecticut:
I overheard a woman who half jokingly remarked, "Connecticut should have annexed Rhode Island so we could have more beaches." What I did not say, but probably should have said: "If Rhode Island were smart, they would annex Connecticut, blow it up, and build a bridge to New York." If there is not an I hate Connecticut blog out there yet, I'm going to start one. Worst.state.ever.

Triple-threat, cage match, who wins:
Mark Mothersbaugh v. Ric Ocasek v. David Byrne?

If I stop moving, I'll die.
Tomorrow night, its me and my boyfriend (and recent divorceé), James Dewees, rockin Hartford. For those of you who have not heard me blather on about him before (I don't know who hasn't), he is the former drummer of Coalesce and the former keyboard player for The Get Up Kids and he is also the mastermind behind Reggie and the Full Effect and it's many and varied metabands. He is this man (in Eurotrash boyband Fluxuation form):

He is one of few people who have legs pastier white than my own. Honestly, can't you see why I am entirely smitten with him?

And then after I have been thoroughly rocked on Saint Patrick's Day (I am not Irish- don't pinch me, don't kiss me, don't expect me to wear green or eat your green eggs & ham, I do not like them in a box or with a fox, I do not like green eggs & ham, I do not like them Sam I Am.), I am off to the New York. Because I want to. Because I can. Because I need more NY rage and Neofuturism in my life.

Severed Limb Preservation Tips, Courtesy of my desk calendar:

1. Gently wash the severed item with water. Wrap it in a moist clean cloth.

2. Wrap it once more in a watertight material (such as a plastic bag).

3. Keep it cold, but DO NOT FREEZE. A limb saved in this manner can remain viable for reattachment for up to six hours.

See! My internet journal is here to help you when you are in distress! Uplift your soul! Distract you from your work!

Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. -Langston Hughes (vomit)

Without even trying, I am now a costume designer. This is most amazing, since my mum is of the impression that I am incapable of dressing myself in a matching fashion. Hey mum, have you seen that lady who designed the costumes for Sex & The City? That lady couldn't dress either:

Well, at least her hair matches her one shouldered hoochie-mama number.

Right, costume designing. I'm designing the costumes for Jeffrey's play and now am assisting the gentlemen of Yucky Octopus put together some Eurotrashy fashion goodness for their fashion/show on 21 April, in the year of our Lord, 2006, which is also the night of Mr. Mark Schwaber's record release party. Don't wait until April 21st to buy Mark's new CD, The Killing Card. Buy it now, buy it often. Do it. And not just because Mark is incredibly nice and extremely talented. Do it because you love yourself enough to listen to good music.

Right. So my new life goal is to design costumes for a high school musical production. You know, 42nd Street or Anything Goes or Grease or anything that's not Fiddler on the Roof because that is the most depressing musical of all time (even more than Once on this Island performed by a cast of severely Caucasian suburbanites). Lighten up, Russian Jews! I hear life gets a little brighter after the Holocaust. Oh...

Happy thoughts. I want to spend hours over a sewing machine endlessly sewing gold lamé skirts for chorus kicklines and spray painting tap shoes glittery silver. I want to be lost in a sea of black tulle netting and red sequiny ribbons. I want to watch as teenage boys fumble through dance steps while wearing a tuxedo I found at the thrift store. Oh to be a high school musical Costume Designer! What joy! What sheer delight!

If you think I am joking about this, you should not read my internet journal anymore because I am always very very very very very very very serious about everything always.

9 comments:

adam said...

Did you just ruin the end of that darned Peter Fonda movie for me? Cad.

Don't forget that next week you get to partake in the collective throw uppy cuteness of the Mates of State and maybe they'll dance and we can give them my business card or buy them drinks and they'll feel obligated to talk to us even though I have no idea what's being said.

jenniferocious! said...

Adam, if you have not seen Easy Rider yet, then that is your own fault. Its been out since 1969 for Pete (Fonda)'s sake!

And how could I forget about MoS- I meticulously keep a spreadsheet of rock and roll. And really, would you call MoS throw uppy cute? I would describe them as "A sheer delight!" and "A non-stop thrill ride!" and "The blockbuster hit movie of the summer!" The Prodigy? Now there's a band I would call throw uppy cute.

Anonymous said...

My high school costume designer was a great big fat man named Alan. He was a flaming queen but had a wife and a son. It was weird when he would measure us guys for hours. He called everyone "Honey." He talked very loudly. I'm glad I'm a sound guy.

jenniferocious! said...

Brad, are you sure Alan's "wife" didn't have a Peter (Fonda)? Did you ever see this alleged "wife"? If not, I'd say Alan has some serious splaining to do.

How many times can I make reference to Peter Fonda? Total count thus far: 3.

Anonymous said...

I find emily Dickinson to be overrated. Shut up, go outside, and talk to a boy...JESUS!!!

jenniferocious! said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jenniferocious! said...

Jeffrey! I hate T.S. Eliot- he inspired that most heinous of musicals, Cats, and I just cannot support that.

Dudes! Emily Dickinson was a visionary! Emily Dickinson revolutionized the world for future depressed teenage girls.

You know who was a good poet? Allen Ginsberg.

For fun you should type: "overrated poet" into a Google search. "Langston Hughes, Overrated, but Ok!"

adam said...

HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY HOLY

luckycreature said...

awesome. im so happy to have helped put out the mark cd! thanks for supporting him.-