Tuesday, May 15, 2007

French wine, cigarettes, baguettes, French wine, fondue, French wine, French wine, French wine, croissants, and French wine.

Bon jour!

I returned from France yesterday and I've barely had a moment to catch my breath, but I wanted to tell you how I am still alive (although the climb to the top of Notre Dame almost killed me!) and that I have photos coming soon.

Lately in my life:
Red wine, white wine, cheap wine. Baguettes. Croissants. Chocolate filled croissants. Three am drunk food (chocolate filled croissants slathered in Nutella). Big hills. Cigarettes. Tap dancing. International dance parties. Sleepy afternoons. No sleep. Wine. Wine in baby bottles. Fondue. Marriage proposals from Frenchmen. Photos. Walking. Wine. Cigarettes. Baguettes. Wine. Wine. Wine.


I also squeezed in a trip to Lyon to visit with the incomprable Mike van sleen, who sends well wishes and hellos to all of you in Pillowland.

I had the most spectacular holiday, which I will endlessly discuss with you soon. Right now, I have to get ready for the arrival of one, Mark Schwaber, who is here with the band, Spouse, to perform in Brooklyn and also at Sirius Radio and Air America this week.

Three stories of interest currently. Discuss.
First transgendered prom queen?

Jerry Falwell dies possibly from shock of the aforementioned transgendered prom queen.

Two kids broke into the Smashing Pumpkins rehearsal space. I know one of those kids. And you know what? If you commit a crime, you should go to jail, no matter how much of a jerkbag Billy Corgan is.

3 comments:

maura said...

Red wine, white wine, cheap wine. Baguettes. Croissants. Chocolate filled croissants.


sounds like my time in belgium.
let's compare notes soon over a chocolate croissant finding adventure in nyc.

jenniferocious! said...

Miss Maura, your plan is brilliant. Let's make time soon.

Rocket French said...

Wow ! great travel experience... Paris, Lyon.
I hope you had the opportunity to taste great wine and food :)

Cathy