Monday, March 19, 2007

Touch, taste, smell, hear.

Everything is really crazy right now. I'm leading/teaching classes at work- teaching is not so easy. Appreciate the teachers in your life! I mean it.

Other than that, I'm handing my car to its new owner tomorrow. I briefly considered taking a cruise around in it one last time tonight, but then I remembered- its just a car. Really. A car is just a thing, a mode of transportation. But we had some fun times in that car. Driving to concerts, to far off cities. That car has been from Illinois to Massachusetts seven times! That's a lot of road tripping, my friends. So my dear little Toyota Corolla, thanks for all the goods times...



So all this moving business is coming along really smoothly so far. Car sold, check. Switched banks, check. One way ticket to LaGuardia Airport, check. (That was the weirdest part yet, was buying a one way ticket. That made it feel real.) Packing up boxes to ship...well, I'm working on that one.

Also, let me just get this out of the way and say, Wisconsin lost. I know. I'm eating my words right now. But, I watched every second with agony. Now I'm rooting for the Salukis (I probably shouldn't cause now they'll probably lose. Oh well.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that car...I will miss it. So many memories! Do you remember the time we fled from the cops driving acorss the country! We would stop occasionally to play a gig or two...Smoke some cigarettes, etc. Do you remember when all the cop cars crashed behind us?!?!? That was awesome!
I think I left a bag of weed in the trunk-grab it before you let it go....Rockstar!

jenniferocious! said...

Oh man, Brad...so many good times we shared in that car in our cross country road trip.

"Orange whips, 3 orange whips!"