Monday, October 23, 2006

Seven items in random order.

1. I have two free season tickets to the newly formed hockey team, The Rocky Mountain Rage, so if you, you, you, or anyone else who likes hockey, come to Colorado in the next 6 months, not only will I give you a comfy bed to sleep in, we'll also hit up some hockey games. Seriously. There is no better sport than one with blood and violence....I mean, toe pick.


2. I have been attending a dance class where the teacher is all about "free flowing movement" and "move with your spirit" and between you and me Internet, I don't care about that new age feel good mumbo jumbo, I just want to dance and get funky. And its a whole barrel of fun.


3. I saw The Prestige and it ruled. On a scale of WWF wrestlers from the 1980s, I would rate it an Ultimate Warrior. Go see it and decide for yourself. More embarassingly, in junior high, I had the hugest crush on Christian Bale when he played Laurie in Little Women with Wynona Rider and Claire Danes. HUGE CRUSH. I watched that movie...an embarassing number of times (one thousand million hundred, to be exact). And even in all these creepy roles he's played...American Psycho, The Machinist...I still would include him on my Celebrity Exemption List.


4. I went to a costume party last weekend...I made a sign that said MOMMY, smoked a big cigar, and wore a black silk number and I was a FREUDIAN SLIP. One guy was like, "Oh! You're Monica Lewinski!" And I was like, "Uhhh...no. That wouldn't have been funny 8 years ago and its really not funny now." FREUDIAN SLIP. Oh man, so nerdy. Pictures forthcoming.


5. Did you ever know that you're my hero? You're everything I would like to be... Shout out to my pal JayCray for being fearless and rocking his auditions this weekend.


6. My birthday is in less than one month. I will accept all gifts that have octopusses (octopii?), music, or both incorporated into them.


7. Hey, aren't wax museums creepy? Just a little bit?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, when is your birthday? Mine is on Nov. 22nd. Maybe we can throw a virtual joint-party!

jenniferocious! said...

My birthday is November 16th. Let's have a joint birthday party!

Anonymous said...

How about Friday the 17th? We can invite all of our virtual friends (aka, Jane)!

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that Culotte is creating a virtual party to make up for not inviting me to her real one.

Mmmmm...hockey.

I never made the Christian Bale/Little Women connection before now. Thank you.

jenniferocious! said...

Brad, if we're being totally honest here (and I think we owe it to ourselves), I have to I loved Brutus the Barber Beefcake.

Jane, she didn't invite me to her real party either. Come to hockey with me! And also: you're welcome on the Christian Bale Connection (which incidentally may be the name of my new album coming out in February 2007).

Anonymous said...

Hey, listen, I'll send you both invites to my real party. I puffy heart you both, and if you don't mind meeting my crazy friends, you're more than welcome.

If you're serious about coming out, email me and I'll send you the important details.

Otherwise it's virtual bottles of Champagne and sheetcake all around!