Monday, October 09, 2006

I'll be the sky, if you'll be the star.

I revel in the the autumn. Adding layers on top of layers and wearing tights under skirts and looking from the tops of hills and seeing an ocean of redorangeyellow world on fire in the leaves.

And so my heart is sore that such seasons do not exist here. Saturday was sunny and a sweaty 80 degrees and today it is 40 and rainy. My coworkers are giddy at the prospect of snow. I find myself baffled by this, where is the autumn?

Then again, I should revel in this lack of autumnal loneliness, which seems to be a seasonal effect on me. I always find solace and solitude in the fall. A somber tone with a soundtrack on my iPod to match.

And the melancholy is still there, but it doesn't have a home in the autumn this year. Just misplaced quietness searching for a place to be, to exist.

There are days I feel so incredibly lucky and there are those days when I wish that I had stayed the course and moved to New York.

I can't wait to begin traveling; the world flies by when you're experiencing every little bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your boyfriend called me this weekend...It was alittle odd, but fun-much like every moment I spent with him.