Monday, October 30, 2006

Good things are coming...

Today I got a promotion. I knew it was in the works and its not a huge surprise, but seriously you guys! I have my own office now with a view of snow capped mountains and such. One of the first things I saw from my new office view was a man from animal control lugging a dead deer into the back of his truck. I know I'm from the midwest where deer prance about freely, but it was really vomit inducing. My new job involves less talking on the phone and more writing words down and putting them together for a manual- score!

I am going to Japan! My friend, Mark, lives there and I wil be visiting him next June. I can't really even tell you how excited this makes me. Mark and I have been friends since high school and we always have a great time together, no matter where we are, so needless to say, I am super stoked to spend time with him in Japan.

Also: this is a true anti-drug PSA. Click on this sentence to listen. Because smoking weed will make you listen to indie rock music......what?

This weekend I'm flying to New York. Happiness! I can't wait to see my NY friends and lovahs again.

My birthday is in a few weeks. Do you want to give me the greatest birthday present ever? Draw me a picture of an octopus. Or a ukelele or if you're really in a pinch I'll accept your brother's Nintendo DS Lite. I will be a quarter century young, but I'm hoping this marks the end of my quarter-life crises that have defined the past five years of my life.

Last weekend, I dressed up as a candy striper for a costume party. Today, I dressed like a cowgirl for work. Tomorrow, I am going to be the aforementioned Freudian slip at work. Yay, dressing up is fun.

Candy striper.

I've written all the hooray for everything! stuff, so this is where I leave you, my lovelies...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the cat's pajamas.

Anonymous said...

Yay for promotions!

Anonymous said...

Nurse...I have an ouchy...down there.

jenniferocious! said...

Culotte, no YOU are the cat's pajamas@

Jane, boy, I'll say. I'm doing things I like to do at work, I feel lucky.

Brad, I'm a candy striper. Or is it candy stripper? Oh, this could get awkward.