Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Destine to die alone in a room heavy with the tang of cat wee.

This year I handed out Hello Kitty! Valentines, but nothing really beats last year...

Its snowing something fierce outside so I'm curled up at home tonight, which is fine by me, even though I had really looked forward to my purple Valentine's martini tonight. Instead I'm sporting the heart PJs my mama sent me, eating the chocolate covered strawberries (bouquet style) she had delivered to my work and I'm watching the least romantic movies I could find: The Departed (gangsters!), Half Nelson (drugs! Canadians!), The US vs. John Lennon (hmmm...), and Running With Scissors (a movie I have attempted to watch three times now and can't really get into).

So when I was a kid, there was an Italian joint in town my family would always eat at on Valentine's Day. We ate there other days of the year, but on Valentine's Day, they made heart shaped pizzas. When I suggested we order pizza shaped like a heart at work today, everyone scoffed at the idea that a place would make heart shaped pizza. Ive been intensely craving heart shaped pizza ALL DAY LONG, people.

East Coast friends, sadly I will not be visiting your region in a few weeks- I am sorry I couldn't keep plans...its a work thing, you understand. But don't worry, I will be back in full effect so very soon.


Dear Lily Allen,

Will you be my Valentine? We dress alike and think we could find a lot of trouble together.

xoxo,
Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before I clicked on your link to last year's VD, I got my hopes up thinking it was the Tang/Peanut butter bars recipe.