Monday, November 19, 2007

!!!

I owe a million thanks to everyone who sent birthday wishes my way! I had an awesome day playing at the Ripley's Believe It Or Not in Times Square, watching Broadway stagehands picket outside the Lion King, and went to some crazy performance art in the East Village (more on that later because suffice to say, I have seen some really *weird* art before, but this is filed under WTF?).

Actually, let's talk about the performance art right now.

In the center ring, we have Brooklyn, noise-rock, experimental, whatever whatever band, Japanther. To your right, old man spoken word artist. To your left, a low budget, animatronic dinosaur. And dancing all around, two girls outfitted in your favorite American Apparel ensembles. Now throw it all together. My understanding was that this was supposed to be a "rock opera" about the death of the animatronic dinosaur and then in death, he questions his understanding of all his philosophies about life. Yeaaahhhhhhh. In a really weird way, I enjoyed it, even if I didn't quite get it. Japanther make some great songs, so there's that.

It was a fun birthday. Thanks friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Japanther is an awesome band name!