Saturday, October 13, 2007

In the depths of winter, I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

On Radiohead's new album:
Swirling love, treacherous love, knock me on the ground love. Its Radiohead, so its certainly not love in any conventional terms. 'Videotape' is sublimely heart wrenching.

On Napkin, my cat:
After two years and a move to our new home, Napkin has decided that she wants to be a snuggly cat after all. She's always been the cat that chills next to the action, but now she's my best coworker.

Everything else:
I was made for the fall. Also, due to a horrific haircut this week, I will be wearing a hat or headscarf for the next four months. Does anyone have any haircut horror stories? Share them please.

My recommendations for things to do in New York City:
1. Broadway show
2. Dinner at the Rainbow Grill
3. Staten Island Ferry
4. See a rock show at Irving Plaza
5. Hang out in Washington Square Park
6. Empire State Building
7. Greenwood Cemetary in Brooklyn
8. St. John the Divine cathedral
9. UCB Theater

Also this:

4 comments:

maura said...

ooh! staten island ferry is my favorite! with a nice sit in city hall park! lovely.
and i just went to greenwood last week: totally amazing and absolutely gorgeous! where do you live in brooklyn again...

jenniferocious! said...

Hi Maura!
I live down the street from Greenwood on the northwest corner! Lovely, lovely place.

Oh City Hall. That's one of my favorites too!

Are you coming to Brooklyn soon? You should and we should explore the thrift stores.

-j

Anonymous said...

I want to comment, but I can't. Not until I see the hair. Email me.

jenniferocious! said...

I'm sorry Jane- I won't take photos. Here's basically how it looks:

1970s Rod Stewart meets Ziggy Stardust David Bowie with perpetual bed head.