Friday, February 08, 2008

Airing my grievances about Paypal.

I get that Paypal is the wave of the future or something. It allows me, as an individual to sell my wares online to other people in a secure setting (supposedly).

Paypal has every known addressed I have ever lived at in the past five years. Places I don't even remember living. They've got credit cards on file for bank accounts I closed in 2003. And I can't delete any of them! Does that make any sense? NO.

Furthermore, they keep giving me an error message that says my credit card was rejected because of my credit card company. So I tried a different card and got the same message. Frankly, I was too lazy to call my credit card company and ask them WTF? until today after I had made no advances in purchasing ONE cd that is only available via Paypal.

I finally bothered to call my credit card company today, only to find out that all of the charges had gone through. Yippee! That means I'll have four shiny copies of the same CD.

Also, holy crap, why can't I remember my Paypal password? (my own doing, not Paypal's)

4 comments:

ALF said...

Found your site from duchess jane's - just wanted to say hi.

I can never remember any of my passwords because I am required to have far too many passwords.

jenniferocious! said...

Alf-
Thanks for saying hello!

I can't remember any of my passwords either. When I first started using the internet way back in the old timey days, I used to make all of my passwords garden herbs (basil, thyme, rosemary), but now all these internet places want number and !@@$@ in your password too. Too many passwords!

By the way, you are cute as a button in your photo over there.

Anonymous said...

Try getting married and then getting divorced and changing your name twice within a couple of years with PayPal. I swear, with all of the stuff I've bought on eBay, I've never gotten a package to the same name at the same address twice. Thanks, PayPal, for reminding me of MY BIG MISTAKE every time I just want to buy a HANDBAG that will probably be a KNOCKOFF anyway.

jenniferocious! said...

Jane,
You can't delete the internet! And Paypal only serves to remind us of this every time we want to buy something. Reminds me of when my Friendster page (which I hadn't logged into in 3 years!) was the first hit to come up on Google for my name. And when I tried to log in and delete it- I couldn't find my password and Friendster wouldn't let me reset it. I was mortified an employer or creepy stalker might find my Friendster page.

Also, I have an IRL story to tell you. Keywords: knockoff handbags on eBay